Tis the season for thankful things. So, here’s my positive post. These are the benefits of having an ileostomy. All the things that make me thankful for having an ileostomy. I didn’t realize I had so many, but here they are:
- #2 bathroom trips are much shorter. No worries if I forget my phone, when I go
- With deodorizers, I can make my shit smell like roses
- Food poisoning is so much easier to handle (recently had it and I didn’t have to throw up). My bag caught everything and I was still able to work
- I no longer have to squat in the woods for long periods of time to do #2, when camping.
- I’ve already lost the “water weight” in working out, so everything I do lose is actual weight
- I stay hydrated because of how much water I have to drink, due to not having a large intestine
- I no longer have to worry about those embarrassingly smelly little toots while on a date
Ultimately, I’m looking forward to getting rid of it, but that doesn’t mean I can’t love it while I have it 🙂 I hope you all find something to be happy about this year. Remember to always look for the silver lining!!! It’s there in EVERY situation, even if you have to look really hard.